So my youngest daughter was sick today. Spent last night throwing up despite my help...and was still not well this morning. She stayed home from school, unfortunately it was a little late for me to "call in sick" kinda thing and I had to go to work leaving her home alone for a short while. (old enough to be alone for short periods but still don't like leaving sick ones home alone). My bosses are great and worked it out staffing wise so that I could leave around 9:30 to come back home. DD was just chilling on the couch, so I decided to lay back down "for just a bit" and fell asleep till like 2:30 in the afternoon...lol I did have to be back at work before 3pm to do the school pick up runs. DD was feeling much better by this time...YAY
Came home from doing the school run, and wanted to go on a bike ride. Asked some of my other kids if they wanted to come and got a chorus of yeses. So we all hopped on our bikes and away we went. I had tracked a decent route around the main streets by our house that came out to just over 2.5 miles. Holy cow my knees were burning by the end. Lets put it this way....I'm fat....currently about 272lbs (down 14lbs however from March and down over 30 from last christmas) and don't exercise much. But I have a goal to ride my bike to work and back once school lets out...which is in 8 days...LOL It's 2.75 miles to my work from my house (which is across town if that says anything about where I live...lol), and this ride today was less than that and I was hurting near the end. I want to ride that route if not more everyday until then so that I'm ready when school's out and I don't have to drive kids anymore. Plus it'll save on gas money as well...:-)
I'm set on my path...I'm excited to see where it takes me!

No comments:
Post a Comment