Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thunderstorms & Mother's Day

I love thunderstorms....always have.  Even as a kid, they were scary but also beautiful and majestic. Now, I live in part of "Tornado Alley" being in the eastern part of Nebraska, and that is a new and scary aspect of thunderstorms.  I still love watching the lightening shows and feeling the thunder shake and rumble thru me and my world, but I've developed a bit of internal trepidation to always be alert.

Tonight the sky is that eerie gray/green color as a huge storm rolls in.  Tornado's are popping up to the south-southwest of us, but it looks like we're going to be at the top side of the storm and not in the lower or middle where the twisters are.  We made sure the cars are tucked in as close to the house as they can be (not having a garage stinks), and we're hoping for the best (please no hail...).  We also have friends over and we hope to keep everyone safe and sound.
This is the radar over our area...I'm near the top of the red

Mother's Day is both great and sucks at the same time.  It's great because I have 5 great kids and I love being their mom/step-mom. I have a wonderful MIL whose accepted me into her family very graciously, and my grandmother whom I hold very dear but is too far away to visit.  It sucks because I lost my own mother about 10 years ago, and I miss her very much.  She has missed some major changes in my life, including the birth of my last daughter (not even sure she knew I was pregnant...as she neared the end she wasn't very with us), my divorce, and then my marriage to my wonderful current husband.  Life has been hard not to have her to talk to. We were very close, and she is greatly missed.  Love you mom!!



No comments:

Post a Comment