Memorial Day....just another day off work? or something more? For me it's all about remembering our veterans and those who have served and died to make our country great. My family has had many service men, my grandfather, dad and uncle, my current husband and my ex, and hopefully soon my son. I'm proud of all of them, and remember the ones no longer with us fondly.
Slept in quite late this morning. Felt good not to have to be anywhere. decided to take the kids out to lunch at one of the local BBQ places. They have amazing ribs and a couple of my daughters and I decided to split a full rack. We each had at least 3 ribs and still have some left over. It was fun having everyone together. Did a little shopping afterwards, DH needed new sandals as well as oldest DD. Successfully found them for both...lol
Picked up a bike for my youngest daughter that the grandparents had sitting in their garage waiting for it to fit someone, she loves it and can't wait to try to ride it (still needs to learn how at age 10....has always been "bigger" and had a hard time balancing).
But for dinner I wanted another healthy recipe so tried a ratatouille recipe I found a couple weeks ago. Did a couple of modifications, and it was delicious!
Ratatouille Casserole Recipe
here's the link...I took out the peppers and put in sweet potato slices....needed to cook a bit longer, also added a bit of cheese on top in the end.
Great day, good food, good memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment